A Liebster is an award given to bloggers with under 200 WordPress followers (sorry if your follower count is more and you’re on my list). The Liebster Award originated in Germany and Liebster means dearest or beloved, and Liebe is love.
However Liebster sounds to me like the name of a drink, a slightly alcoholic drink not available in Nigeria… yet. Seriously though, I wasn’t going to do this but that would be pure ingratitude and disrespect to kemmiiii for the gesture, which comes with certain rules. Besides, I had fun writing this up. So, the Rules are:
1. To thank the person who nominated you.
2. To list 11 random facts about yourself.
3. To answer the questions they have asked you.
4. To nominate 11 other people.
5. To ask the nominees 11 questions and,
6. Last and definitely least, to let them know you have nominated them.
With number one inadvertently out of the way, thank you once again Kemmiiii, these are a first team of random facts about myself.
1. Gianluigi Buffon: Along with Rap, I furiously enjoy listening to music from gloriously eargasmic voices and classical composers. So God bless Tchaikovski, Hans Zimmer, Arlen, aunty Celine Dion, sister Dido, mummy Enya, Adam Levine and a few others. Amen.
Still, Eminem over all-o’-you! All. O’. You!
2. Carl Jenkinson: I could never be as patriotic as my dad.
3. Jordi Alba: I hated/loathed/despised writing and never wished to be any kind of writer. But man proposed and Oga at the very top categorically thought otherwise. Aal iz well.
4. Blaise Matuidi: Everyone knows I love football, but I enjoy hockey just as much. I don’t know any ‘star’ players, but I love the sport.
5. Thiago Silva: I’m young, hardly wild and almost free from the basic level of education attainable. Oh Jesus!
6. Laurent Koscielny: I can’t completely trust another person.
7. Cristiano Ronaldo: I kind of hate deadlines, and clothes. Such limitations those.
8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic: I never take life as ‘seriously’ as most seem to.
9. Radamel Falcao: My blood is Horlicks!
10. Juan Mata: I’m shy. “True to God!”
11. Gareth Bale: These are the players I’ve never bought when playing Football Manager; the best game ever. Can you go two seasons unbeaten in the league? Can you win three consecutive League Cups? Can you play in three successive European Super Cup finals and win at least two? Can you win and defend your Champions League and World Club Championship titles? Without once ‘resetting/restarting’? No? Come, le’me teach you… -_-
On to Kemmiiii’s questions to her nominees:
1. Money, Power, Respect. Choose two.
Easy. Money and Respect. All blessings and glory and honour and power to *clears throat*… *raises right hand and points finger to Heaven*.
2. What is your idea of religion?
To as much as possible practice what the Good News preaches. God help us.
3. Have you ever considered politics?
Never. And God willing I’ll keep to my word about it.
4. What do you do for fun?
Bathroom rapping. Football Manager playing. Movie watching. Music listening. Eating. Visiting my siblings. Being boring.
5. What one word do you think describes me?
6. What one word describes you?
7. What’s music to you?
Refer to Gianluigi Buffon to have a good idea.
8. Do you have a plan B in life? If yes what is it?
Yes. My degree.
9. What book will you recommend for me to read?
On Writing, Stephen King. Think of it as The Writer’s Bible, King King’s Version.
10. Why did you start blogging?
For practice sake, and WordPress is my playground.
11. Say something totally random!
♪ Sometimes the dream to make it is more fun than it is to actually make it. ♪, then whatever it is Phyno was yabbin’ on Ill Bliss’ song came to mind.
My 11 Nominees
Unfortunately, as this is for WordPress bloggers, I can’t come up with a first team of nominees as most of the blogs I enjoy are on other blogging platforms. That said the roll call includes:
My questions to you:
1. Has your mother ever called you “mad”?
2. What one thing would you never buy if you had £1b in your account today?
3. Have you ever been to the east (of Nigeria)?
4. If yes, what’s it like there? Never been.
5. Are you, today, who you hoped 5 years ago to be?
6. Frank Spencer and Mr. Bean, Who’s worse/better?
7. What’s the oddest item you saw on sale while stuck in traffic?
8. Are you considered a tweet-celeb? -_-
9. Gay rights, yay or nay?
10. Can you cook?
11. Are we done yet? 🙂
That was fun. Plus, I now know a number of blogs I can follow off the nominees list of others… which basically is what the Liebster is all about in my view.
Have a great day.